MAKING UP FOR MISSING ONE

/
1 Comments
So it's a 2-for day. I missed yesterday, partially because it was date night, and partially because I just didn't do it. MWUAHAHAHA.

I've noticed a common trend (one of which I find myself guilty). I heard someone speak about it recently and it really put a big check in my heart. Do you ever catch yourself criticizing someone you've never met? The only basis for doing so is something you heard from somebody about what they did or what they said and that being the basis for your opinion? I say this, because I remember hearing a lot of things about George Wood (see below) and John Lindell (not below). I know I've repeated some things that I've heard without having any actual experience myself. I found myself really guilty in the Evangel graduation today (again, see below). They both proved me wrong and now I feel like a complete idiot. I won't go into the John Lindell end of things, but here is the George Wood synopsis (I can't believe I'm doing this, I'm not even "in" the AG).

Some have said he is old. Some have said he is dated. Some have said he is transitional. Some have said he isn't relevant. Some have said he won't make a splash. You are wrong. As nicely and politely as I can put it, if that has been a word that has come out of your mouth (which I've probably repeated), you're wrong. He is not. I've had the privilege to hear some of the things that he (and He) is doing at Big Blue Mecca and it is REALLY good. The people he is surrounding himself with and the wisdom he seeks from younger advisers is fantastic and it shows in how he communicates.

I think all of us could do everyone a favor and hold our tongues. It seems more and more common in a world of opinions, but we are really witnessing the power of life and death with that little rudder of ours (reference James). How much more of an impact can positive words or encouragement have? Someone forwarded this movie clip on to me and asked me to watch til the end. If you have time, do the same. www.blueribbonmovie.com. The guys voice can wear on you, but make it all the way through. It's pretty good.
----------------
Now playing: After Edmund - Come And Rain Down


You may also like

1 comment:

Chris Smith said...

Good word man. I struggle with that too.