DAYS SEEM TO DRAG, YEARS FLY BY

/
0 Comments
I was sitting in the Evangel University graduation ceremony today and George Wood, General Superintendent of the Assemblies of God used this quote:

"Days seem to drag, years fly by."

I had never heard George Wood speak before and I have to say that I was THOROUGHLY impressed. I've made the statement that he was the best "old" speaker I have heard. The commencement address was spot on. He was funny (and I don't mean church laugh cause you have to funny, but really funny), well spoken and by no means boring. I've been in some commencements that seemed to take millenia (and to take 2 hours to get to the H's is long enough), and THEN the speaker comes up to make matters worse. George Wood was fantastic.

I've been reflecting on the days and years a bit today. It seems that my days do come to a standstill and take forever, especially when there is something to look forward to (or nothing to look forward to). Then it seems like years can just be gone in no time at all. It seems like only yesterday that I was moving to Colorado for the last time, graduating from high school, entering into college, graduating college, beginning to work at Hope, meeting Rachel...and now it's less that 6 months until I'm a married man. Years fly by.

And some days take forever (today for instance). I'm not sure what all of it means, but it has to mean something. Who knows, maybe I'll share the story of Jairus sometime soon to make it all connect together, but today is a day of reflecting on time. I'm married really soon. I've been an adult for a while. Been driving for a good long time (and without offenses too!!!!). Years are flying. Days are dragging. Big ups to George Wood.
----------------
Now playing: Delirious - My Soul Sings


You may also like

No comments: