SUNDAY MORNING SPEAKING

/
1 Comments
Yesterday I had an incredible privilege. I had the opportunity to share during both services at Hope yesterday. This is my first time doing so since being on staff. I have had opportunities on Wednesday Nights and during other services in the year, but have yet to tackle the double whammy that is Sunday Morning.

People often ask me if I get nervous. EVERY TIME! There is something about going to a stage with everyone looking at you and making claim that you have something from God for everyone there. Being a mouthpiece of the Almighty has it's every daunting aspects to it, all of which I don't take lightly. Therefore, every time I speak I get nervous. Whether it's to 5 people or 500, there is a sense of awe that causes me to recognize what I'm doing. My prayer is that it continues to happen. Considering I'm not a public speaker naturally, I'm sure it will.

It was great to be able to share with our church and have the opportunity to show a different side of myself. Though what I do in youth ministry is far what they expect, people have a way of drawing natural conclusions and when I have the opportunity to show something different, it is a real joy to me. Sermon audio should be up this week (you can view it by clicking here. You can also see the youth tab available to listen to as well) for those of you who were unable to be in attendance but here is a brief overview.

We have entered into a world that is immediate. Everything can be done faster. If it can't, we'll find something or someone who can do it faster. In such a world, we have become accustomed to things moving at such a pace and when they don't, we become frazzled. In such a time as this, what place does the God given institution of "waiting" have? If God is asking us to wait, and we don't wait for anything, how do we reconcile the two? I know a lot of people who have had a faith crisis because God hasn't answered in a moment, but is that the way it's supposed to be? Text : Isaiah 39:5-8 & 40.

One great part of yesterday was to have my wife sit through both services, my mom come in town to hangout with us and join the party, my wife's family who was in town to enjoy the Branson Belle decide to show up to the early service and to have my friends Robyn and Justin Mederich come out for service and lunch. It's an honor to have such people in my life and it is truly humbling to do what I do and I'm honored that God gives strength to the weak.
----------------
Now playing: Lydia - One More Day


You may also like

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Justin,
You did great yesterday. The privilege was all ours!!