IT ALL STARTS CLICKING

/
0 Comments
When I was driving home today for my break between work and the youth service (required to get the mind right), something rather peculiar happened: my windshield wipers began functioning like a metronome for the song listed below. Have you ever had that happen? It's a great experience! It seems like everything begins to work together and everything you drive by start to function in the same time frame. Your body moves to the beat, cars pass to the beat, rain falls to the beat, it's that kind of experience. I think God values moments like this because it was in this moment that He really spoke to me about something. Check it out:

1 Corinthians 13:1 (NIV)
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

We seem to be an either or kind of people. You have the group of people that talk in the tongues of men and angels, and the people who love. You rarely find those who do both. It seems that in order to get more from God, you have to spend an infinite amount of time seeking him. In order to love people, you have to stop spending time with God. It seemed today, as the windshield wipers were clicking their way through the track, that it's possible to take two things that could easily be not on the same tempo and make them work in harmony. I could just have easily listened to the song and never had a "click" to it (as I've done many times), but on this day, both started coming together. I think God works the same way.

To me, loving God and all that comes with Him is equal in proportion to how we love people. Some of us can be so set on the tongues and the etc. that comes later in the chapter that our cymbal is clanging away. Others of us can be so set on loving people that there is no cymbal to bang on. I think when Jesus looks at us, he sees both. He sees a pursuit after Him that is intense and passionate. He also sees a love for people that is unmatched anywhere in our world. Let not our cymbal in heaven be banging and banging and banging because we can't seem to get past ourselves. Let not our lives miss out on the grandeur that is being with Jesus. Welcome to the club.
----------------
Now playing: Jeremy Larson - Frozen Lake


You may also like

No comments: