EXPELLED THE MOVIE

/
0 Comments
Yesterday for our youth event, a bunch of students got together at Campbell 16 (local movie theater) and watched a movie entitled Expelled. It's by Ben Stein and he presented an argument against the scientific community and it's refusal to allow for any thought outside of what has already been established. It was amazing to see what happens to scientists when they presented (in this case intelligent design as an argument for the origins of the planet) an idea that was not what has been "accepted" by the community (in this case Darwinism). Ben Stein was not coming out and being a banner carrier for creationism, but was simply making the case for intelligent dialogue that should be happening.

As we left the theater, many of the students weren't thinking something new (they're already into intelligent design), but it did cause the question asker in all of us to be brought out. I think most of us don't critically think enough. Not critical in the judgmental sense, but the thought provoking, truth seeking, question asking side of critical. A lot of times we take things as they are because all we hear is that they are the way they are because that's the way they are. However, when we begin to ask questions (intelligent ones), we begin to find out new depth to what we had previously thought, or to find what we thought was it, turns out not to be.

I'm not talking about the overarching concepts of God or Jesus, simply some of the questions that we've had that we've never searched for answers to. All the while, God is there, anxious to answer the questions I'm sure. I've begun to think. I've begun to process. I've begun to analyze. But more than that, I've begun to take ownership. Those things that I know, and those things that I've sought out, these are the things which I know that I know. And that's a good feeling. If there are questions that are lurking within you, search out the answers. It's good.
----------------
Now playing: Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart


You may also like

No comments: