PLANNING OUT LOVE

/
1 Comments
I love being apart of the church that I'm at. Hope is fantastic! I loved being there as an attendee and am even more thrilled to be apart of it as a member of the staff. It makes for a really good time to be able to work at a place you love and enjoy going in to everyday. Today, we started planning out an event that we are going to do in the beginning of June.

About a month ago, a group of students and I went to a section of town known as Commercial Street. Our intent with our trip was to pick up some trash and to begin to love on the people that were out there. It's amazing what a smile and learning someone's name will do for their day! As we cleaned trash, there was an amazing amount of response from some local shop owners, random passerbys and even some of the homeless people in the area. I think everyone was amazed that a group of Christian people would do something to better their community and didn't have to grab a megaphone to make things happen. When that took place, I feel like God gave me a vision to see that part of town restored. I thought the best way to do some restoration is to have a Block Party and to make it good. Food, music, fun. That sounds like a really good time to me. After speaking to a couple members of the staff, today we sat down and started planning this baby out. AND ITS' GONNA HAPPEN! On June 1st on Commercial Street, we are gonna shut down the block, bring in some food, music and activities for kids and adults. It's gonna be slammin (Chris Smith phrase). We're looking to make a good day for a lot of people that day with no intent than to simply spread a little love. Sounds a lot like Jesus to me. Ya know, doing good and such. Today is a good day.
----------------
Now playing: Copeland - Another Day In Paradise


You may also like

1 comment:

Chris Smith said...

I love what your doing man and I know it will be slammin :).