GOODBYE FOR A WHILE

/
3 Comments
On this my 245th post, I bid MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and the whole of the internet farewell for awhile. I've become a sucker for tradition. Not only that but for discipline. In this, the students of theBURN (the willing ones at least), the leaders and myself have committed to 40 days of fasting from media. This includes the internet, TV, movies and non-worship music. This has become one of my favorite times of the year because we rid ourselves of all things that are not Jesus and look to the cross of Calvary. Lent is a treasured tradition within the Church and we look to observe it in our own way.

The amount of time I have given to the above has grown and weighned over the years and I'm looking forward to this like nobody's business. On this, my Ash Wednesday, I repent of the things that have taken the place of the LORD and reposition myself before Him. See you after Easter.


You may also like

3 comments:

Kevin said...

You shall be missed - I'll be interested to hear about the case study with the students.

Anonymous said...

miss you

Anonymous said...

time to update