Mold Breakers

/
0 Comments
One of my youth leaders said to me the other day:

"Justin, God broke the mold when he made you."

The compliment was so abrasive that I took it as an insult at first. "You are so ridiculous and eccentric that God Himself could not have been able to restrain your personality." However, I knew her intentions. I hear often, "you are so..." and then a connection is made to a part of my personality that another person finds so odd comparably.

In one case in particular, I find it easier to laugh than most people. Commercials. Life events. Etc. I've been told that I'm one of those people who have inside jokes with themselves.

I'm sure there are parts of me that are like others (in fact I know so). However, I like when phrases like "that's Justin" come up. In a world that seems to be shrinking and becoming less individualistic, it is refreshing to meet those who seem to "break the mold."

When God made you He broke the mold too.

Knowing His complexity, diversity, creative power, wonder, majesty and the scope of the universe, He had the same intentions when you were born. There has never been another "you" in all of history. Nor is there another "you" currently. In all the world. In all places. In all regions. In all nations. In all those places and in all those places throughout all times. You are the only you there has ever been, is or will be.

God broke the mold when He made you.

Let everyone else see how.


You may also like

No comments: